Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 9 - April 7, 2014 - Lizards and Chicken Feet

Hello everyone! 
Okay, this week was fantastic! We four baptisms! :) One fell through, but another boy ended up being ready, so he was baptized yesterday. Jose, the 72 year old, was baptized and afterwards he bore his testimony. He kept refferring to Hermana Peralta and I as his angels. It was really sweet! Most of our investigators came to conference, and they all loved it. I could understand the first talks of every session, but by the end I had to focus so hard to understand. It was amazing though. Everyone here wants to go to conference and see the Salt Lake Temple so badly, so all of you who were able to go are pretty lucky! 

On Friday we went to feel the baptismal font, and there was a lizard running around in it! I was terrified! There was also a lizard in our shower the other day, so I guess I should learn to love them. On Tuesday, we had lunch with the Arango family. I sat down, and my companion said something about a foot..I looked down, and there was a chicken foot in my soup! I almost had a heart attack! The whole time I ate the soup, I was thinking about how I was going to get out of eating this foot. Luckily the family was really nice, and told us that we did not have to eat it. They wanted me to at least try it, so I did...it was gross. I have gotten really good at eating things I do not like, and pretending to like them :) it is quite a gift really! Hermana Hansen and I made French toast one night, and now the Latina sisters want to make french toast all of the time. They love it! They also love ketchup...on EVERYTHING! Hermana Delgado eats ketchup sandwiches everynight. I always tell her that is gross, and she tells me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are gross. So it is kind of funny how different cultures like different things! It is still one thousand degrees here, and I do not know how I have not melted away yet! The bugs do not bite my legs anymore...now it is my arms :) I love it here though, the members are amazing, and help us whenever they can! This week we are hoping the find new investigators, because we have not taught anyone new for a while! Hopefully we are successful :) Have a great week! 
Love,
Hermana Roestenburg




No comments:

Post a Comment