1. The ward had a late Mother´s Day activity, and asked us to sing...I cannot even put into words how horrible it was! Hermana Hansen and I forgot most of the Spanish lyrics, and the other two sisters did not know the tune. It went downhill really fast...
2. One night we had 5 minutes to walk home, but a member insisted that we take home food. By the time we got the food, it was way later than our curfew, so we had to RUN home with plates of rice and chicken! We looked like robbers!
3. Whenever we give away a Book of Mormon we write a small message inside. This week I wrote the message, and later realized I had written it in English instead of Spanish! Hah ooops.
4. We taught an investigator the Word of Wisdom, and she told us she was going to stop drinking tea. Well before we left her house, she made Hermana Peralta and I a cup of tea!
5. On Saturday, I am pretty sure we were given rubber meat for lunch. The hermanas and I were laughing so hard, because we could not eat this meat! We could not cut it or chew it, so we ended up hiding it inbetween dirty dishes :)
Unfortunately things with Estela did not work out, and she is not going to be baptized. It is okay though, because we had lots of success in other areas this week! On Tuesday we taught Katerine, and she asked if we could change her baptism date from the 24th to the 23rd. It was not a huge difference, but we were thrilled because in the beginning, Katerine did not want anything to do with the church. Later on that day, she called and asked if we could change her date to the 17th. We did not think it was possible because she had only been to church two times, but we decided to ask. Our president gave us permission, and she was baptized Saturday!
Alicia is the mom of one of our recent converts, and she comes to church every Sunday with her son. She is really good friends with the bishop´s family, but has never had a desire to join the church. On Saturday we asked if we could teach her, and she agreed to being baptized! Her baptism is going to be this Friday, and we are so excited because her son is going to baptize her :)
Gina is our perfect investigator. Everytime we visit her she shares with us something new she has learned about the church, and always wants to learn more. She loves participating in all of the ward activities, especially the meetings on Sunday! :) One of our lessons this week was with her cousin, and we asked him to say the closing prayer. He was super nervous, but said the sweetest prayer I have ever heard. He asked for a blessing to be upon all of those people in the streets who do not have breat to eat, and for more thankful people in the world. So I hope that all of you can be thankful for all of the things you have :)
Well I love you all, and wish I had more time, but I do not! Soo...Have a great week!!
Hermana Roestenburg :)
|Hermana Roestenburg and her companion with Katerine|