Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 13 - May 5, 2014 - BYE SWEET MEMORIES

Hello everyone!!! I hope you all had a fantastic week :) My week started off with some horrible experiences, but all is well now! Anyways, one night we were taking pictures, and I do not know what I did, but somehow I deleted ALL of my pictures! It was horrible. I wanted to cry! Three months of my mission GONE! I keep telling myself it could have been worse, but I am still a little bit sad about it :( The next day we went to visit an investigator, and I was super happy because we were preparing him for his baptism. When we got to his office, he told us that he had prayed real hard, and decided he was not going to be baptized. At first I was super bummed out about it, but I have to remember everyone has to make the decision for themselves. He said he wants us to continue reading the Book of Mormon with him, and he is going to continue coming to our church. So who knows, maybe one day he will be baptized! :)
On Wednesday we recieved a reference, named Alex, from a member. References are the best because they usually have a desire to listen to our message :) I called him one night to arrange a visit, and when I hung up I could not decide if I had understood his Spanish really well, or if he had spoken to me in English. We went to his house, and sure enough he was speaking English! Haha my poor companion could not understand a word the guy was saying. He speaks both languages, but English is more natural for him, so a lot of the conversation was English. It was so weird! Unfortunately he is not too interested in the church, but we are going to keep trying with him.
We have so many investigators right now, but none of them are progressing. A lot of them have accepted baptismal dates in the past, but for one reason or another, plans fell through. It is okay though. It just means we have to work harder, and find people who are ready to accept this message :) 

I do not know who decided I can lead music, but somebody did, and it is horrible. They ask me to lead the music all of the time! In baptisms, in church meetings, in zone meetings, EVERY meeting! I do not have anything against leading music, but I do not know how...so it is a problem. I just kind of wave my hand around like a crazy person, and everybody seems to like it! :) Maybe I should try to learn, so I can do it the correct way.
It is still one thousand degrees here, and my house is still covered in all sorts of odd creatures, but I love it! Definitely an adventure everyday! I hope you all have a great week :)
Love, 
Hermana Roestenburg

No comments:

Post a Comment