Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 10 - April 14, 2014 - Robbed?!

Hello!! 
I hope all of you back home are doing great! Let's see here, this week was quite the adventure! On Tuesday my companion had a meeting, so I went with other hermanas to drop her off. To get back to our sector, I wanted to take a taxi (way easy) but the other girls wanted to take the bus (way hard) because it is cheaper. I even said I would pay, but I lost the argument and we ended up taking the bus. Well, when we got back to the apartment Hermana Hansen went to make a phone call, and guess what?! Somebody stole our phone..ON THE BUS! So we did not have phone, and it was awful. 
Because my companion is a leader, we do splits all of the time. This week was the first time that I stayed in my sector, with another Hermana. I was so nervous because I do not know the area too well, but I only got us lost once :)

For the most part, our area is pretty safe. There are places that we cannot be in after 6:00ish, but it is easy to avoid them. The other night we were walking in an area, and I told my companion that I did not like the area. She told me that was because it was dangerous. Reassuring, right?...yeah, no! However, we had an appointment, so we needed to be in there. When we got done teaching, the lady told me that I had to tak off all of my jewelry before I left her house, because the people in her neighborhood are crazy. We started to leave, and she asked us who was picking us up, when we told her no one she looked at us like we were crazy. She ended up calling her son, and he walked us out to the main roads. The whole time I was TERRIFIED!! but I am alive and well, so everything is fine :) 
As far as missionary work goes, this week was not so great. We had a lot of baptismal dates planned, but they all fell through because our investigators did not come to church yesterday :( Hopefully this week is better! Have a great week! 
Love,
Hermana Roestenburg

No comments:

Post a Comment